IMPORTANT NOTE REGARDING RESIDENT PARKING PASSCARD USAGE AFTER 6:00PM IN DOWNTOWN LOTS:
During the operational hours of the municipal parking lots downtown, there must be a valid payment for any space occupied by a vehicle for the full duration said vehicle occupies that space. The operational hours of Municipal Parking Lots #1-3 extend until 10:00 PM in the evening. Any vehicles parking in those lots after 6:00 PM must comply with the above regulation or that vehicle will be in violation and subject to citation.
This policy extends to all Sausalito residents as well. Residents are expected, like all customers, to pre-pay for their full parking session in advance; all customers may extend their parking time by returning to a pay station and purchasing additional parking time as needed. As stated above, failure to purchase sufficient parking time for your parking session may result in a parking citation for expired meter/space being issued.
Residents paying for parking time using a valid parking passcard,
- Before 6:00 PM: may purchase up to 3-hours per day at no cost to the card holder. Please note, however, that if a parking passcard is used to purchase more than the allotted 3-hours of free parking per day, an invoice will be generated and each additional hour will be billed as an "overage" at posted lot rates.
- After 6:00 PM: may purchase an unlimited amount of parking at no cost to the card holder. Parking time purchased after 6:00 PM is not applied against the 3-hour (before 6:00 PM) daily total, nor will it be included in any overage invoicing or billing, thus providing free parking after 6:00 PM in Municipal Parking Lots #1-3.
Residents with valid parking passcards parking in these lots after 6:00PM must still comply with all parking lot regulations and therefore are required to pay for their full parking session during operational hours, even after 6:00 PM, or risk a parking citation.
For more information on Parking Lot hours of operation and rates, click here.
If you have additional questions regarding the Sausalito Resident Parking Passcard, please contact Elliott Holt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where Do I Get An Application For A Resident Parking Passcard?
Download the Resident Parking Passcard Application and then review the following information. Please note that applications will be reviewed after submission, prior to the issuance of a new Resident Parking Passcard.
Before you receive your new Resident Parking Passcard, you must submit your application (in-person or by mail, address is below) and provide copies of all required supporting documents (detailed below) as well as pay a $10.00 non-refundable application fee to complete your application process.
What Do You Need To Submit With Your Application Form?
You will need the following documents to support your application form:
- Proof of residency within the City Limits of Sausalito, showing your name and your residential address. Examples include copies of:
- Lease Agreement
- Property Tax Statement
- Utilities (PG&E, etc.) Statement
- A copy of your Driver License, and
- Current DMV registrations for any vehicles you would like to register to your account.
- Lastly, a $10.00 application fee will be due when you submit your application in person.
- If you are submitting an application by mail make checks payable to City of Sausalito, please do not include cash.
Where Do I Turn In My Application?
You may submit your application and supporting documents in-person or by mail. The Sausalito Parking Authority is located at 29 Caledonia Street, Sausalito CA 94965.
The current office hours are:
What Do I Do With My Old Resident Parking SmartCard?
The old Sausalito Resident Parking SmartCards are no longer valid. To be able to receive your 3-hours free resident parking in the downtown parking lots, you must apply for the new Sausalito Resident Parking Passcard.