The Sausalito News began publication as Sausalito’s weekly newspaper in February 1885 and continued, with slight name changes, until 1966, when it discontinued operations. From that time until 1970, Sausalito was without a local newspaper. In April 1971 the Sausalito Marin Scope began publication. It remains Sausalito’s weekly newspaper.
Through matching contributions from the Sausalito Historical Society and the Sausalito Library Foundation, all issues of the Sausalito News from February 1885-December 1922 have recently been converted to digital form, and can be searched online by clicking here. The current issue of the Sausalito Marin Scope is available online by clicking here. Searchable archives for the Sausalito Marin Scope for the past two weeks can be accessed by clicking here.
Efforts are underway to raise funds to provide online access to later issues of the Sausalito News and to all issues of the Sausalito Marin Scope. If you would like to make a contribution to this project, please contact Sausalito Library Foundation president Barbara Geisler at (415) 331-8505 or by email.
Last updated: 8/21/2013 4:27:06 PM