Peggy Gill is the Circulation supervisor. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (415) 289-4121.
To apply for an e-card to reserve books from our catalog, click here.
To obtain a library card or upgrade your e-card, visit the library and show verification of residential address with a government-issued picture ID (e.g. a driver's license), provided your current address is on the ID.
If you have a government ID but the address is out of date, please also bring documentation of your current address in the form of any of the following:
You do not need to be a Sausalito resident to be eligible for a card.
The library reserves the right to modify conditions for service at any time.
- Books and audiobooks - 3 weeks
- Music CDs - 1 week
- DVDs - 1 week
- Bestseller DVDs - 3 days
- Bestseller books - 2 weeks
- Books - 50
- Books on CD - 10
- Magazines - 3 per title
- eBooks - 8
- Music CDs - 10
- DVDs - 10
- Two renewals per item (if there are no requests for the item)
- To renew your items online, click here.
- Bestseller books, Bestseller DVDs, and ebooks cannot be renewed
- Renewals may be made in person, online, by telephone, or via email to LibraryCirculation@ci.sausalito.ca.us
- 25¢/day per item on books, audiobooks and CDs (maximum $5 per item)
- 25¢/day per item for 7-day adult DVDs (maximum $5 per item)
- 50¢/day for bestseller books and DVDs (maximum $7 per item)
- $2/day for electronic reading devices (maximum $30 per item)
- 10¢/day for all children's materials (maximum $3 per item)
Lost Materials Charges
Lost books, DVDs, CDs, audiobooks and magazines are charged at the price of item, plus a $7 processing fee.
Electronic reading devices are charged at the list price of a new replacement device, cover, charger and storage bag, plus $20 processing fee
Returning Library Materials
There are two book and audio-visual materials drop locations:
- Litho Street entrance to City Hall/Library building
- City Hall parking lot (enter from Bee Street)
All borrowed items may be returned at any public library in Marin County.